Regularity: Regularly occurring
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Pseudorchis albida
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Pseudorchis albida
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
National NatureServe Conservation Status
Rounded National Status Rank: N3 - Vulnerable
Pseudorchis is a monotypic genus of flowering plants from the orchid family, Orchidaceae. The sole species is the small white orchid (Pseudorchis albida). It is found across much of Europe and northern Asia from Spain and Iceland to Kamchatka, including France, Great Britain, Germany, Poland, Scandinavia, Ukraine and much of Russia. It also occurs in Greenland and eastern Canada (Quebec, Newfoundland & Labrador). (Codes) 
Three subspecies are recognized:
- Pseudorchis albida subsp. albida - from Spain and Iceland to Kamchatka
- Pseudorchis albida subsp. straminea (Fernald) Á.Löve & D.Löve - Scandinavia, northern Russia, Greenland, Canada
- Pseudorchis albida subsp. tricuspis (Beck) E.Klein - Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Romania, former Yugoslavia
- Séguier, J. F. (1754) Plantae Veronenses 3: 254.
- Pridgeon, A.M., Cribb, P.J., Chase, M.C. & Rasmussen, F.N. (2001). Orchidoideae (Part 1). Genera Orchidacearum 2: 357 ff. Oxford University Press.
- Berg Pana, H. 2005. Handbuch der Orchideen-Namen. Dictionary of Orchid Names. Dizionario dei nomi delle orchidee. Ulmer, Stuttgart
Names and Taxonomy
Comments: Kartesz (1999) accepts the elevation of Platanthera albida var. straminea to Pseudorchis straminea and does not consider Platanthera albida as part of the North American flora. The Flora of North America (Vol. 26, 2002) accepts straminea as a subspecies of Pseudorchis albida.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!