Localities documented in Tropicos sources
Ethiopia (Africa & Madagascar)
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- SPECIMEN BASED RECORD. Published protolog data. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/9990002
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Amorphophallus mossambicensis
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Amorphophallus mossambicensis
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
It is cultivated in Gojjam, and the Semien Omo Zone and Konso special woreda of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region, on lands between 1300 and 2000 meters above sea level. The tuberous roots are harvested and cooked for a long time before eating.
- Amorphophallus abyssinicus subsp. abyssinicus.
- Amorphophallus abyssinicus subsp. akeassii Ittenbach,1997
- Amorphophallus abyssinicus subsp. unyikae (Engl. & Gehrm.) Ittenb. ex Govaerts & Frodin, 2002
- Zemede Asfaw, "Conservation and use of traditional vegetables in Ethiopia", Proceedings of the IPGRI International Workshop on Genetic Resources of Traditional Vegetables in Africa (Nairobi, 29-31 August 1995)
|This Araceae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ethiopia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|