The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Batzli, G. O. 1974. Influence of habitat structure on a population of voles. Bulletin of the South Californian Academy of Science. 73:83-85.
- Damuth, J. 1993. Cope's rule, the island rule and the scaling of mammalian population density. Nature 365:748-750.
- E. R. Hall. 1981. The mammals of North America
- Mace, G. 1979. The Evolutionary Ecology of Small Mammals. University of Sussex.
- Original description: In Linnaeus, C. (translated and revised by R. Kerr), 1792. The animal kingdom; or, zoological system of the celebrated Sir Charles Linnaeus. Class I. Mammalia and Class II. Birds. Being a translation of that part of the Systema Naturae, as lately published with great improvements by Professor Gmelin, together with numerous additions from more recent zoological writers and illustrated with copperplates, p. 241. J. Murray, London, 644 pp.
- Parker, G. R. 1974. A population peak and crash of lemmings and snowy owls on Southampton Island, Northwest Territories. Canadian Field Naturalist 88:151-156.