- Ito, Yu, Barfod, Anders S. (2014): An updated checklist of aquatic plants of Myanmar and Thailand. Biodiversity Data Journal 2, 1019: 1019-1019, URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.3897/BDJ.2.e1019
Depth range (m): 1 - 1
Note: this information has not been validated. Check this *note*. Your feedback is most welcome.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:118
Specimens with Barcodes:41
Species With Barcodes:58
Crinum is a genus of about 180 species of perennial plants that have large showy flowers on leafless stems, and develop from bulbs. They are found along the sides of streams and lakes in tropical and subtropical areas worldwide, including South Africa.
Crinum leaves are basal, typically long and strap-shaped, with colors ranging from light green to green.
Several species are used in aquariums.
Formerly placed here
- Agapanthus africanus (L.) Hoffmanns. (as C. africanum L.)
- Ammocharis heterostyla (Bullock) Milne-Redh. & Schweick. (as C. heterostylum Bullock)
- Cyrtanthus angustifolius (L.f.) Aiton (as C. angustifolius L.f.)
- Cyrtanthus elatus (Jacq.) Traub (as C. speciosum L.f.)
- Cyrtanthus obliquus (L.f.) Aiton (as C. obliquum L.f.)
- Hippeastrum argentinum (Pax) Hunz. (as C. argentinum Pax)
- Urceolina urceolata (Ruiz & Pav.) Asch. & Graebn. (as C. urceolatum Ruiz & Pav.)
- ^ "Genus: Crinum L.". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. 2010-01-27. http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/genus.pl?3075. Retrieved 2011-02-08.
- ^ a b "GRIN Species Records of Crinum". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/splist.pl?3075. Retrieved 2011-02-08.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!