Data about <i>Actitis macularius</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Arthropods||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Insects||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Molluscs||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Ray-finned Fishes||Global Biotic Interactions|
Water nitrate concentration min
|1.08 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||2.45 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water temperature max
|20.73 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||5.94 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water silicate concentration min
|1.55 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||1.81 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water phosphate concentration min
|0.17 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||0.38 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water dissolved O2 concentration min
|5.2 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||7.38 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water O2 saturation min
|100.47 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||101.41 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|American Crow||Global Biotic Interactions|
|American Mink||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Common Grackle||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Deer Mice||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Diurnal Birds of Prey||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Gulls and Allies||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Northern River Otter||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Owls||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Peregrine Falcon||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Red-winged Blackbirds||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Song Sparrows||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Weasels||Global Biotic Interactions|
|Yellow-headed Blackbirds||Global Biotic Interactions|
Water salinity min
|30.57 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||35.68 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
Life History and Behavior
Glossary for Actitis macularius
- Body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- Body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Degrees Celsius
- Feeds on
- consumes for energetic or other nutritional needs
- Female larger
- Freshwater habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a body of water containing low concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (<0.5 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Grams. A mass unit which is equal to one thousandth of a kilogram or 10^[-3] kg.
- Geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- Iucn red list category
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- Least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- Litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Marine habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a sea or ocean containing high concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (typically >35 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Milliliters per liter. A volume per unit volume unit which is equal to one millionth of a liter of solute in one liter of solution.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Per year
- A frequency rate of occurrences of something within a period of time equal to three hundred sixty-five days.
- A dimensionless ratio unit which denotes numbers as fractions of 100.
- Population trend
- Prenatal development duration
- The duration of the development from fertilized, deposited or implanted egg to hatching/birth. Corresponds to egg incubation duration in oviparous animals and to gestation period duration in viviparous animals.
- Practical Salinity Units. The conductivity ratio of a sea water sample to a standard KCl solution. Used to represent salinity.
- Sexes colored or patterned differently
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water dissolved O2 concentration
- Dissolved oxygen concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water nitrate concentration
- Dissolved nitrate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water O2 saturation
- The percent oxygen saturation in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water phosphate concentration
- Dissolved phosphate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water silicate concentration
- Dissolved silicate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- [Distance from one wingtip to the other wingtip.]
- A unit of molarity which is equal to one millionth of a molar or 10^[-6] mol/L
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!