Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Andinoacara pulcher
Below is the sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen.
Other sequences that do not yet meet barcode criteria may also be available.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Andinoacara pulcher
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 27
Specimens with Sequences: 23
Specimens with Barcodes: 23
Species With Barcodes: 3
Public Records: 3
Public Species: 2
Public BINs: 2
Andinoacara is a genus of fish in the family Cichlidae. The genus was described in 2009. Before this the members of Andinoacara were placed in the "catch-all" genus Aequidens although they are not closely related to the other members of this genus. The genus Andinoacara is restricted to freshwater habitats in northwestern South America (Trinidad and the Orinoco Basin west to the Pacific coast of South America as far south as Peru) and southern Central America (Costa Rica and Panama). There are no members of the genus in the Amazon Basin.
- Andinoacara biseriatus (Regan, 1913)
- Andinoacara blombergi Wijkmark, S. O. Kullander & Barriga S., 2012
- Andinoacara coeruleopunctatus (Kner, 1863)
- Andinoacara latifrons (Steindachner, 1878) (Platinum acara)
- Andinoacara pulcher (Gill, 1858) (Blue acara)
- Andinoacara rivulata (Gunther, 1860) (Green terror)
- Andinoacara sapayensis (Regan, 1903) (Sapayo cichlid)
- Andinoacara stalsbergi Musilová, I. Schindler & Staeck, 2009
- Musilova, Rican and Novak, 2009. Phylogeny of the Neotropical cichlid fish tribe Cichlasomatini (Teleostei: Cichlidae) based on morphological and molecular data, with the description of a new genus. Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research, Volume 47 Issue 3 , Pages 209 - 304 (August 2009)
- Wijkmark, N., Kullander, S.O. & Barriga S., R.E. (2012): Andinoacara blombergi, a new species from the río Esmeraldas basin in Ecuador and a review of A. rivulatus (Teleostei: Cichlidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 23 (2): 117-137.
- Eschmeyer, W.N., & R. Fricke, eds. (2013). Catalog of Fishes. Online version, 14 May 2013.
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2013). Species of Andinoacara in FishBase. May 2013 version.
- Musilova, Schindler and Staeck, 2009. Description of Andinoacara stalsbergi sp. n. (Teleostei: Cichlidae: Cichlasomatini) from Pacific coastal rivers in Peru, and annotations on the phylogeny of the genus, Vertebrate Zoology, Volume 59 Issue 2 , (December 2009)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!