Data about <i>Leucosticte tephrocotis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|35.7 g adult||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Life History and Behavior
Molecular Biology and Genetics
|1.31 pg||Wright et al, 2014|
||Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology|
Glossary for Leucosticte tephrocotis
- clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- conservation status
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- Grams. A mass unit which is equal to one thousandth of a kilogram or 10^[-3] kg.
- genome size
- The amount of DNA (or RNA) in one copy of a genome.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- per year
- A frequency rate of occurrences of something within a period of time equal to three hundred sixty-five days.
- picogram. A mass unit which is equal to 10^[-12] g
- population trend
- prenatal development duration
- The duration of the development from fertilized, deposited or implanted egg to hatching/birth. Corresponds to egg incubation duration in oviparous animals and to gestation period duration in viviparous animals.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Treeless, level, or gently rolling plains characteristic of arctic or subarctic regions, having a permanently frozen subsoil, and usually supporting low growing vegetation such as lichens, mosses, and stunted shrubs.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!