Data about <i>Leucosticte australis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|26.6 g adult||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Life History and Behavior
Total life span max
|5.9 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Leucosticte australis
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- A high, steep, or overhanging face of rock.
- Conservation status
- Grams. A mass unit which is equal to one thousandth of a kilogram or 10^[-3] kg.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- A landform that extends above the surrounding terrain in a limited area. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill, but there is no universally accepted standard definition for the height of a mountain or a hill although a mountain usually has an identifiable summit and a local relief of more than 300m.
- The summit of a mount.
- Population trend
- Terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!