- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2012. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.7. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
Habitat and Ecology
IUCN Red List Assessment
Red List Category
Red List Criteria
- 2004Data Deficient
- 2000Data Deficient
- 1996Data Deficient
- 1994Data Deficient
- 1988Not Recognized
Sillem's Mountain Finch
The Sillem's Mountain Finch or Tawny-headed Mountain Finch (Leucosticte sillemi) is a species of finch in the Fringillidae family. It is found only in China and was only known from two specimens collected in 1929 from the Aksai Chin area of southern Xinjiang Autonomous Region. In 2012, it was confirmed that the bird had been photographed by a French nature photographer, 1500 km from the original collection location.
- BirdLife International (2012). "Leucosticte sillemi". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2012.1. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Roselaar, CS (1992). "A new species of mountain finch Leucosticte from western Tibet". Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club 112 (4): 225–231.
- "Leucosticte sillemi - Avibase". Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- Pitches, A. (22 October, 2012). Tibetan mountain finch rediscovered after 80 years. BBC News.
- Beolens, Bo; Watkins, Michael (2003). Whose bird? : Men and woman commemorated in the common names of birds. London: Helm. ISBN 0713666471.