Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:3
Specimens with Barcodes:3
Species With Barcodes:2
The typical falconets, Microhierax, are a genus of bird of prey in the Falconidae family. They are found in southeast Asia and the smallest members of Falconiformes, averaging about 15 cm (5.9 in) in length and 35 g (1.2 oz) in weight. The smallest members of the genus are the relatively widespread black-thighed falconet, and the white-fronted falconet on the island of Borneo.
- Collared falconet, Microhierax caerulescens
- Black-thighed falconet, Microhierax fringillarius
- White-fronted falconet, Microhierax latifrons
- Philippine falconet, Microhierax erythrogenys
- Pied falconet, Microhierax melanoleucus
|This Falconiformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!