The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- C. E. Schweitzer and R. M. Feldmann. 2010. Systematic list of fossil decapod crustacean species. Crustaceana Monographs 10:1-222
- Davie, P. (2012). Scyra acutifrons Dana, 1852. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=441698 on 2013-03-02
- Hart, Josephine F.L., 1982. ;Crabs and their relatives of British Columbia. ; British Columbia ProvincialMuseum Handbook 40. ; Paperback. ; 267 pages. ; This smallpaperback contains keys and individual descriptions and drawings of 95species of true crabs, hermit crabs, other anomurans, mud and ghost shrimp(but not shrimp or prawns) found off British Columbia. ; An introductiongives an extensive discussion of the general biology and anatomy of crabsand other similar crustaceans, including topics such as sexual dimorphism,larvae, and parasites. ; A variety of drawings and tables are included. ;The general characteristics of each of the families included in the bookare discussed. ; Keys to the families of each section (Thalassinidea,Anomura, Brachyrua) are included but one needs to know beforehand whichsection the animal is in. ; Keys are also included for the membersof each family. ; A useful key for the serious student wanting to identifycrabs.
- Jensen, Gregory C., 1995. ;Pacific Coast Crabs and Shrimps. ; Sea Challengers, Monterey, CA. ;87 pp. ; ISBN 0-930118-20-0. ; This paperback contains excellentpictures and brief descriptions of many crabs and shrimp from along thePacific coast. ; Sections are arranged by animal group. ; Includesa short glossary.
- Ng, P.K.L. & Davie, P. (2013). WoRMS Brachyura: World List of marine Brachyura (version 2013-03-04). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Wicksten,Mary K., 2009. ; Decapod Crustacea of the Californian and OregonianZoogeographic Provinces. ; UC San Diego Scripps Institution of OceanographyLibrary, Scripps Institution of Oceanography. ; http://escholarship.org/uc/item/7sk92dz ;418 pages. ; Published online only. ; This excellent key coversdecapods (crustaceans such as crabs, shrimp, spiny lobsters, hermit crabs,and crayfish) from shallow and deep water from Puget Sound south to thePacific coast of Baja California. ; Includes many subkeys, drawings,and photos. ; No glossary, table of contents, or index. ; Thisis the place to go for the most up-to-date key for decapods. ; MaryWicksten plans to publish an updated version of this key soon.
- Williams, Austin B., Lawrence G. Abele, D. L. Felder, H. H. Hobbs, Jr., R. B. Manning, et al. 1989. Common and Scientific Names of Aquatic Invertebrates from the United States and Canada: Decapod Crustaceans. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 17. 77
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!