Data about <i>Tremella mesenterica</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Tremella mesenterica
- A quality denoting the lack of an entity.
- from Phenotype and Trait Ontology
- A deep fissure in snow or ice.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer by virtue of the bearer's disposition to being fit to be eaten.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer by virtue of the bearer being suitable for use as food.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- The spore-bearing layer of the fruiting body of certain fungi, containing asci or basidia.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- mixed forest biome
- A mixed forest biome is a forest biome which contains densely packed populations or communities of broadleaf and coniferous trees, strongly limiting light penetration to the forest floor.
- mushroom cap shape
- Approximate 3D shape of the cap of the mushroom.
- An organism bearing a parasite role
- A texture quality inhering in a bearer by virtue of the bearer's processing a surface free of roughness or irregularities.
- spore print
- The spore print is the powdery deposit obtained by allowing spores of a fungal fruit body to fall onto a surface underneath. It is an important diagnostic character in most handbooks for identifying mushrooms. It shows the color of the mushroom spores if viewed en masse.
- trophic guild
- A group of species that exploit the same food resources, and/or use the same feeding or foraging methods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_(ecology)
- An achromatic color of maximum brightness; the color of objects that reflect nearly all light of all visible wavelengths.
- [database_cross_reference: Dictionary:http://dictionary.reference.com/]
- yellow brown
- A color consisting of yellow and brown hue.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!