The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1996. database, NODC Taxonomic Code
- 2013. "Penaeus monodon Fabricius, 1798" (On-line). IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.iucnredlist.org/search.
- Abu Hena, M., O. Hishamuddin. 2012. Food selection preference of different ages and sizes of black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon Fabricius, in tropical aquaculture ponds in Malaysia. African Journal of Biotechnology, 11/22: 6153-6159. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.academicjournals.org/ajb/PDF/pdf2012/15Mar/Abu%20Hena%20and%20Hishamuddin.pdf.
- Chakraborti, J., P. Bandyapadhyay. 2011. Seasonal incidence of protozoan parasites of the black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) of Sundarbans, West Bengal, India. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 35/1: 61-65. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3114977/.
- Crockford, M. 2008. "White Spot Disease" (On-line pdf). Australia and New Zealand Standard Diagnostic Procedures. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.scahls.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/1516518/White_Spot_Syndrome_Virus.pdf.
- Dall, W., B. Hill, P. Rothlisberg, D. Sharples. 1991. Advances in Marine Biology. Queensland, Australia: Academic Press. Accessed March 15, 2012 at http://www.sciencedirect.com.proxy.lib.umich.edu/science/bookseries/00652881/27.
- Dash, G., P. Yonzone, A. Roy. 2010. PREVALENCE AND SEASONAL ABUNDANCE OF PROTOZOAN PARASITES IN PENAEID SHRIMP PENAEUS MONODON IN HIGH SALINE BHERIES OF WEST BENGAL. Journal of Experimental Zoology of India, 13/2: 427-430. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.connectjournals.com/file_html_pdf/787602H_j18_427a.pdf.
- Duda, T., S. Palumbi. 1999. Population structure of the black tiger prawn, Penaeus monodon, among western Indian Ocean and western Pacific populations. Marine Biology, 134: 705-710. Accessed February 01, 2012 at http://www.springerlink.com/content/4avy2kyfja0967uf/.
- Environmental Defense Fund, 2011. "Giant Tiger Prawn" (On-line). Accessed February 09, 2012 at http://apps.edf.org/page.cfm?tagID=15754.
- FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Department, 2012. "Fisheries and Aquaculture Department. About us - Fisheries and Aquaculture Department" (On-line). Accessed February 01, 2012 at http://www.fao.org/fishery/culturedspecies/Penaeus_monodon/en.
- FAO, 2001. "Crustacean Disease" (On-line). Accessed February 22, 2012 at http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y1679e/y1679e00.htm.
- FAO-FIRA, 2010. "Giant Tiger Prawn Home" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2012 at http://affris.org/giant_tiger_prawn/overview.php.
- GreenPeace, 2012. "Shrimp Farming" (On-line). Accessed February 22, 2012 at http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/campaigns/oceans/aquaculture/shrimp-farming/.
- Holthuis, L. B. 1980. Shrimps and Prawns of the World: An Annotated Catalogue of Species of Interest to Fisheries. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 1
- Holthuis, L. B. 1980. Shrimps and Prawns of the World: An Annotated Catalogue of Species of Interest to Fisheries. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 1. xvii + 271
- IUCN, 2012. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed February 04, 2013 at www.iucnredlist.org.
- Institute for the Study of Invasive Species, 2011. "Penaeus monodon" (On-line). Accessed February 24, 2012 at http://www.tsusinvasives.org/database/black-tiger-shrimp.html.
- Johnson, S. 1995. Handbook of Shrimp Diseases. Bryan, TX: Texas A&M University Sea Grant College Program. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/tamu/tamuh95001.pdf.
- Knott, D., P. Fuller, A. Benson, M. Neilson. 2011. "NAS - Nonindigenous Aquatic Species" (On-line). Accessed February 09, 2012 at http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/FactSheet.aspx?speciesID=1209.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium, 2012. "Farmed Shrimp Seafood Watch" (On-line). Accessed February 09, 2012 at http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?gid=58.
- Motoh, H. 1981. Studies on the fisheries biology of the giant tigen prawn, Penaeus monodon in the Philippines. Tigbauan, Philippines: Aquaculture Dept., Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center.
- Nadala, Jr., E., L. Tapay, P. Loh. 1997. Yellow-head virus: a rhabdovirus-like pathogen of penaeid shrimp. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 31: 141-146. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.int-res.com/articles/dao/31/d031p141.pdf.
- New South Wales Government, 2009. "Prawns - aquaculture prospects" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2012 at http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/aquaculture/publications/species-saltwater/prawns.
- Orrell T. (custodian) (2015). ITIS Regional: The Integrated Taxonomic Information System (version Dec 2014). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Primavera, H. 1997. Fish predation on mangrove-associated penaeids The role of structures and substrate. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 215: 205-216. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://mangroveweb.seafdec.org.ph/pubs/Fish%20predation.pdf.
- Primavera, J., F. Parado-Estepa, J. Lebata. 1998. Morphometric relationship of length and weight of giant tiger prawn Penaeus monodon according to life stage, sex and source. Aquaculture, Volume 164. Issues 1-4: 67-75. Accessed February 01, 2012 at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004484869800177X.
- Pérez Farfante, Isabel, and Brian Kensley. 1997. Penaeoid and Sergestoid Shrimps and Prawns of the World: Keys and Diagnoses for the Families and Genera. Mémoirs du Muséum nationale d'Histoire naturelle, tome 175
- Pérez Farfante, Isabel, and Brian Kensley. 1997. Penaeoid and Sergestoid Shrimps and Prawns of the World: Keys and Diagnoses for the Families and Genera. Mémoirs du Muséum nationale d'Histoire naturelle, tome 175. 233
- Rajagopal, S., M. Srinivasan, S. Khan. 1995. Problems in Culturing the Black Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon) the Semi-intensive way: An Indian Experience. Naga, 3: 29-30. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.worldfishcenter.org/Naga/na_2235.pdf.
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, 2008. "South Carolina Aquatic Invasive Species MANAGEMENT PLAN" (On-line). Accessed February 09, 2012 at http://www.dnr.sc.gov/invasiveweeds/aisfiles/SCAISplan.pdf.
- State of New South Wales through Department of Industry and Investment, 2010. "Biology and Life cycle of prawns" (On-line). Accessed February 10, 2012 at http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/aquaculture/publications/species-saltwater/prawns.
- Thomas, M. 1972. FOOD AND FEEDING HABITS OF PENAEUS MONODON FABRICIUS FROM KORAPUZHA ESTUARY. Indian Journal of Fisheries, Volume 19. Issue 1&2: 202-204.
- Toubiana, M., O. Guelorget, J. Bouchereau, H. Lucien-Brun, A. Marques. 2004. Microsporidians in penaeid shrimp along the west coast of Madagascar. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 58: 79–82. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.int-res.com/articles/dao2004/58/d058p079.pdf.
- Tourtip, S., S. Wongtripop, G. Stentiford, K. Bateman, S. Sriurairatana, J. Chavadej, K. Sritunyalucksana, B. Withyachumnarnkul. 2009. Enterocytozoon hepatopenaei sp. nov. (Microsporida: Enterocytozoonidae), a parasite of the black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon (Decapoda: Penaeidae): Fine structure and phylogenetic relationships. Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, 102: 21-29. Accessed January 30, 2013 at http://www.crustaceancrl.eu/publications/2009_%20JIP%20Enterocytozoon%20hepatopanaei.pdf.
- Uawisetwathana, U., R. Leelatanawit, A. Klanchui, J. Prommoon, S. Klinbunga, N. Karoonuthaisiri. 2011. Insights into Eyestalk Ablation Mechanism to Induce Ovarian Maturation in the Black Tiger Shrimp. PLoS ONE, 6/9: doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0024427. Accessed January 29, 2012 at http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0024427.
- Vainio, L., K. Lagerspetz. 2006. Thermal Behavior of Crustaceans. Biological Reviews, Vol. 81, Issue 2: 237-258. Accessed March 25, 2012 at http://www.aseanbiodiversity.info/Abstract/51008099.pdf.
- Xu, Z., J. Primavera, L. de la Pena, P. Pettit, J. Belak, A. Alcivar-Warren. 2001. Genetic diversity of wild and cultured Black Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon) in the Philippines using microsatellites. Aquaculture, 199: 13-40. Accessed February 01, 2012 at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0044848600005354.
- Yano, I., R. Kanna, R. Oyama, J. Wyban. 1988. Mating behavior in the penaeid shrimp Pennaeus vannamei. Marine Biology, 97: 171-175. Accessed March 21, 2012 at http://wenku.baidu.com/view/6a6c9c6eaf1ffc4ffe47ac5f.html.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!