The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Bennett, D. & Hoffmann, R.S. 1999. Equus caballus. Mammalian Species. American Society of Zoologists. 628:1-14. Retrieved February 24 2014 from http://www.equinestudies.org/mammalian_species_2008/mammalian_species_equus_caballus_pdf1.pdf
- Bennett, Deb, and Robert S. Hoffmann. 1999. Equus caballus. Mammalian Species, no. 628. 1-14
- Castelli, A. 2012). Don't Call Me Tarpan. Scribed. Retrieved 24 Feb 2014 from http://www.scribd.com/doc/131666793/Don-t-Call-Me-Tarpan.
- Groves, Colin, and Peter Grubb. 2011. Ungulate Taxonomy. ix + 317
- International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. 2003. OPINION 2027 (Case 3010): Usage of 17 specific names based on wild species which are pre-dated by or contemporary with those based on domestic animals (Lepidoptera, Osteichthyes, Mammalia): conserved. Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature, vol. 60, part 1. 81-84
- Mass, P. 2000-2013. Equus ferus ferus. The Sixth Extinction Website. Retrieved February 24 2014 from http://www.petermaas.nl/extinct/speciesinfo/tarpan.htm.
- Smith, C.H. 1866. The Natural history of Horses, with Memoir of Gesner. In: The Naturalists Library, Sir W. Jardine, Ed. Vol. xx. Mammalia, horses. Henry G. Bohn, York Street, Covent Garden, London. Retrieved February 26, 2014 from http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Natural_History_of_Horses_with_Memoi.html?id=xykBAAAAQAAJ
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 29 January 2014. Tarpan. Retrieved February 24 2014 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tarpan&oldid=593023990
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2000
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!