Quick Start - Using an EOL Featured Project on the web or iPhone:
EOL Featured Projects are Collections of commonly found species, such as Birds in North American Cities or Invasive Species in North America. We invite you to add observations to one of these projects to grow the list of observations and to help you get started using the EOL-iNaturalist tools and resources.
- Go to the EOL Featured Projects section of the iNaturalist website.
- Select the Featured Project you would like to join and click on it.
- Click on Join this project in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Confirm that you want to join the project on the next page.
- You can start uploading observations by clicking the Add Observation button in the upper right of the project. Here is the Getting Started page on iNaturalist for uploading observations.
- See here for information on downloading the iPhone app.
- Once in the iPhone app, tap the Project button at the bottom of the page and then tap the Featured button just above that.
- Choose the Collection you want and tap the Join button in the upper right hand corner.
- Go back to the Project page and now tap the Joined button toward the bottom of the page. This will bring up the list of projects you have joined.
- Tap the Project name and this will load the EOL Collection or checklist onto your phone and you can start adding observations right away!
We want to expand our EOL Featured Project list, so please contact us if you have an EOL Collection of commonly seen species in your part of the world that you are willing to share.