Brittle bush grows in the interior valleys of coastal southern
California (San Bernardino Valley, Lake Elsinore, western San Diego
County, and west Riverside County), Baja California, southern Nevada in
Clark County, southwestern Utah, southern and western Arizona, and
northwestern Mexico [1,35,46,52]. It is adventitious in Hawaii .
- 46. Kearney, Thomas H.; Peebles, Robert H.; Howell, John Thomas; McClintock, Elizabeth. 1960. Arizona flora. 2d ed. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 1085 p. 
- 1. Benson, Lyman; Darrow, Robert A. 1981. The trees and shrubs of the Southwestern deserts. Tucson, AZ: The University of Arizona Press. 
- 35. Shreve, F.; Wiggins, I. L. 1964. Vegetation and flora of the Sonoran Desert. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press. 2 vols. 
- 52. Munz, Philip A. 1974. A flora of southern California. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 1086 p. 
- 55. St. John, Harold. 1973. List and summary of the flowering plants in the Hawaiian islands. Hong Kong: Cathay Press Limited. 519 p. 
No one has provided updates yet.