William A. Sayer, botanical collector associate of Mueller, collected specimens of it about "Mt Bellenden Ker" in 1887 as recorded on the "9/87" label written by Ferdinand von Mueller on his herbarium specimen sent on the 15th of March 1892 to Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, UK.
"On the Russell River; W. Sayers [sic]", is its location and collector recorded in Ferdinand von Mueller’s 1889 published original botanical description of this species. The region of the Russell River is the same as the region of Mount Bellenden Ker.
Mueller’s 1889 original botanical description of the species was under the name Oldenlandia psychotrioides. In 1892 he re-diagnosed it as constituting a species in this Wendlandia genus and wrote some comparative notes on it and related species in this genus.
- "Wendlandia psychotrioides (F.Muell.) F.Muell.". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government. http://www.anbg.gov.au/cgi-bin/apni?taxon_id=37660. Retrieved 15 Mar 2013.
- "Oldenlandia psychotrioides F.Muell.". Australian Plant Name Index (APNI), IBIS database. Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research, Australian Government. http://www.anbg.gov.au/cgi-bin/apni?taxon_id=49158. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, The State of Queensland. "Extinct in the wild plants". "Last updated 22 January 2013". http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/wildlife/threatened-species/extinct-in-wild/extinct_in_the_wild_plants.html. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Mueller, Ferdinand von; Home, Roderick Weir (2006). 1876–1896. Regardfully Yours: Selected Correspondence of Ferdinand Von Mueller : Life and Letters of Ferdinand Von Mueller. 3. Peter Lang. p. 824. ISBN 978-3-906757-10-0. http://books.google.com.au/books?id=H7tuGYC9_C0C&dq=Sayer&pg=PA824. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Sayer, W. A. (fl. 1886 - 88)". Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria – Australian National Herbarium – BIOGRAPHY. 2007. http://www.anbg.gov.au/biography/sayer-w-a.html. Retrieved 2 Mar 2013. "Source: Extracted from: Hall, N. (1978) Botanists of the eucalypts. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Melbourne"
- The Herbarium Catalogue (2006). "HerbWeb – Details Page: Specimen: K000760112" (web page and photograph of specimen). RBG Kew Herbarium Catalogue database. Kew, UK: Royal Botanic Gardens. http://apps.kew.org/herbcat/detailsQuery.do?barcode=K000760112. Retrieved 2 Mar 2013.
- Mueller, Ferdinand von (1889 July). "Descriptions of some new Australian plants". Victorian Naturalist 6 (3). 54–55. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- Mueller, Ferdinand von (1892 March). "Descriptions of new Australian plants, with occasional other annotations (continued)". Victorian Naturalist 8 (11). 178. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
|This Rubiaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|