Small grass yellow both forms
Small Grass Yellow or Broad-bordered Grass Yellow (Eurema brigitta) is a small butterfly of the family Pieridae, that is, the Yellows and Whites, which is found in India and other parts of Asia. It is also present in Australia and Africa.
The wingspan is 30–35 mm. Adults are on the wing year-round.
The larvae feed on Hypericum aethiopicum and Chamaecrista mimosoides.
- Eurema brigitta brigitta (Tropical Africa)
- Eurema brigitta pulchella (Boisduval, 1833) (Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoro Islands, Aldabra Islands)
- Eurema brigitta drona (Horsfield, ) (Sumatra, Java to Lombok)
- Eurema brigitta senna (C. & R. Felder, ) (Peninsular Malaya, Singapore)
- Eurema brigitta fruhstorferi (Moore, 1906) (eastern Indo-China)
- Eurema brigitta ina Eliot, 1956 (southern Sulawesi)
- Eurema brigitta hainana (Moore, 1878) (Hainan)
- Eurema brigitta rubella (Wallace, 1867) (Sri Lanka, India, Burma to southern China, Nicobars)
- Eurema brigitta formosana Matsumura, 1919 (Taiwan)
- Eurema brigitta yunnana (Mell)
- Eurema brigitta australis (Wallace, 1867) (Australia, New Guinea, Papua New Guinea)
- ^ a b Woodhall, S. Field Guide to Butterflies of South Africa, Cape Town: Struik Publishers, 2005.
- Evans, W.H. (1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies. (2nd Ed), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India
- Gaonkar, Harish (1996) Butterflies of the Western Ghats, India (including Sri Lanka) - A Biodiversity Assessment of a threatened mountain system. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society.
- Gay, Thomas; Kehimkar, Isaac & Punetha, J.C. (1992) Common Butterflies of India. WWF-India and Oxford University Press, Mumbai, India.
- Kunte, Krushnamegh (2005) Butterflies of Peninsular India. Universities Press.
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.
Habits, Behavior, Views