|This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2012)|
Attonitus bounites is a species of fish of family Characidae in order of Characiformes. They are primarily found within the Tropical South American Madre de Dios River drainage basin. The males can reach reach 2.24 in (5.7 cm) in total length.
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, Vol. 1-3. California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco, California, United States. 2905. ISBN 0-940228-47-5.
- Fenner, Robert M.: The Conscientious Marine Aquarist'. Neptune City, New Jersey, United States: TFH Publications, 2001.
- Helfman, G., B. Collette and D. Facey: The diversity of fishes. Blackwell Science, Malden, Massachusetts, United States 1997.
- Hoese, DF 1986. A M.M. Smith P.C. Heemstra (eds.) Smiths' sea fishes. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
- Mauge, L.A. 1986. A J. Daget, J.-P. Gosse and D.F.E. Thys van den Audenaerde (eds.) Check-list of the freshwater fishes of Africa (CLOFFA). IFBN, Brussels; MRAC Tervuren Flanders and ORSTOM, Paris, France. Vol 2.
- Moyle, P. and J. Cech.: Fishes: An Introduction to Ichthyology 4a. edition, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, United States: Prentice-Hall. Year 2000.
- Nelson, J.: Fishes of the World', 3rd. edition. New York, United States: John Wiley and Sons. Year 1994.
- Wheeler, A.: The World Encyclopedia of Fishes 2a. edition, London: Macdonald. Year 1985.