These insects have long, thin bodies, two pairs of wings, and very large eyes. Their large eyes let them see better than most insects, which helps them hunt. They are very fast fliers and can also hover. The Common Green Darner is one of the largest dragonflies. It is found in many parts of North America.
- "Anax junius" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Anax_junius.html
- Kirschbaum, K. 2007. "Anisoptera" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Anisoptera.html.
- “Anax junius”. Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/131866/details Roach, P. 2001.
- “Dragonfly.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonfly
- “Green Darner.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Darner
No one has provided updates yet.