There are over 40,000 species of snail and slug. Most have a coiled shell, and those that do not are usually called slugs. Most snails and slugs have a twisted body, where their back end is twisted up over their head. The Giant African land snail is the largest land snail in the world. Its shell can grow to be up to 11 inches long.
- “Achatina achatina.” .” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achatina_achatina
- “Gastropoda.” .” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastropoda
- “Gastropoda”. Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/2366/details
- Myers, P. and J. Burch. 2001. "Gastropoda" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Gastropoda.html
- Giant African Land Snails (Achatina spp.) as Pets. Available from: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/rarespecies/p/landsnails.htm
No one has provided updates yet.