There are over 5000 species of tapeworm. All members of this family of flatworms are parasites. Most live in one host as young and another host as an adult. A tapeworm’s head has hooks or suckers that it uses to attach to its host. The pork tapeworm has an average length of 6 to 10 feet. People are infected by it from eating infected pork.
- “Taenia solium.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taenia_solium
- “Cestode.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cestode
- “Taenia solium”. Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/3247842/details
- Chung, A. 2011. "Taenia solium" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Taenia_solium.html
- Myers, P. 2001. "Cestoda" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Cestoda.html
No one has provided updates yet.