There are over 64,000 species of sac fungi. These fungi are named for the microscopic sacs their spores form in. Most lichens have a fungus from this family. A lichen is an organism formed by the symbiotic relationship of a fungus with an algae.
- “Ascomycota.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascomycota
- “Lichen.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichen
- “Lobaria oregano.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Available from:
- "Lobaria oregana". Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://eol.org/pages/2860165/details
- Taylor, John W., Joey Spatafora, and Mary Berbee. 2006. Ascomycota. Sac Fungi. Version 09 October 2006 (under construction). http://tolweb.org/Ascomycota/20521/2006.10.09 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/
No one has provided updates yet.