Penguin eggs and young chicks are prime targets for kelp gulls, lesser grisons and large hairy armadillos. While on land, red foxes, gray foxes, pampas cats and pumas prey on older penguin chicks, juveniles, and adults. Sea dwelling predators, including giant petrels, South American sea lions and orcas, feed on fledglings, juveniles, and adults.
- kelp gulls (Larus dominicanus)
- lesser grisons (Galictis cuja)
- large hairy armadillos (Chaetophractus villosus)
- red foxes (Vulpes vulpes)
- gray foxes (Urocyon cinereoargenteus)
- pampas cats (Leopardus colocolo)
- pumas (Puma concolor)
- giant petrels (Macronectes giganteus)
- South American sea lions (Otaria flavescens)
- orcas (Orcinus orca)
No one has provided updates yet.