Fiery skippers range in the Nearctic region throughout the southern United States and east toward the Atlantic. They are not found, however, in the Rockies or the Great Basin. Their southern range extends into the Subtropical region to Argentina and the Antilles. In North America, fiery skippers immigrate into northern areas but cannot overwinter in any life stage in regions that have harsh winters.
Biogeographic Regions: nearctic ; neotropical
- Scott, J. 1986. The Butterflies of North America. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Pyle, M. 1995. National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies. NY: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Iftner, D., J. Shuey, J. Calhoun. 1992. Butterflies and Skippers of Ohio. Columbus, OH: Ohio Biological Survey Bulletin, Vol 9 No.1.
- Opler, P. 1984. Butterflies East of the Great Plains. Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press.
- Blue, L., B. Parks. "Fiery Skipper" (On-line ). San Diego Natural History Museum Field Guide. Accessed 06/04/03 at http://www.sdnhm.org/fieldguide/inverts/fieryskipper.html.
No one has provided updates yet.