The geographic range of Burchell's zebras spreads throughout southeastern Africa, with the highest population densities in the Serengeti-Mara plains of Kenya and Tanzania. Their range reaches as far north as southern Ethiopia and Sudan, as far west as Namibia, and as far south as the northern regions of South Africa. There are also populations in Uganda, Rwanda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi.
Biogeographic Regions: ethiopian (Native )
- Moehlman, P. 2002. Equids: Zebras, Asses and Horses. Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan. Gland, Switzerland: IUCN - World Conservation Union, Publications Services Unit.
- Nowak, R. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World - Fifth Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Groves, C. 1974. Horses, Asses and Zebras in the Wild. Hollywood, Florida: Ralph Curtis Books.
- Grubb, P. 1981. Equus burchellii. Mammalian Species, 157: 1-9. Accessed March 30, 2009 at https://web.mail.umich.edu/blue/imp/view.php?popup_view=1&mailbox=INBOX&index=18472&actionID=view_attach&id=2&mimecache=70e5573987f7b41adc40bb82f69db69c.
- Holland, J. 2003. "Zebras: Born to Roam" (On-line). National Geographic Magazine. Accessed April 09, 2009 at http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature2/index.html.
No one has provided updates yet.