Biology of the Bee Mite Species Pyemotes tritici
(1) high reproductive potential;
(2) short life-cycle (4-7 days);
(3) no intermediate hosts or food sources required-- all development occurs within the opisthosomal sac of the adult female and all offspring are born live as sexually mature adults;
(4) only females are parasitic and represent about 90-95% of the population;
(5) females mate immediately at birth and begin host-seeking activity;
(6) populations are easily reared and synchronized in the laboratory; and (7) they are cosmopolitan in distribution.
No one has provided updates yet.