Within Cheirotonus parryi’s range there are two other species of Cheirotonus which look very similar and can often be difficult to identify:
- Cheirotonus macleayi in India
- Cheirotonus gestroi in Laos, Thailand and Burma
- C.parryi compared with C.macleayi - though the median spines are a similar length, the length of the terminal spine in C.macleayi (A) is considerably shorter
- C.parryi compared with C.gestroi - the median spine is considerably shorter in C.gestroi (B) compared with its terminal spine
- C.parryi has a tuft of hair right at the tip
- C.gestroi and C.macleayi have a sparse covering of hair along the base of the pygdium
No one has provided updates yet.