The exact distribution of giant squid is unknown but specimens have been found in all of the world's oceans.Concentrations can be found in the:
- North Atlantic Ocean - especially Newfoundland, Norway, the northern British Isles and the oceanic islands of the Azores and Madeira
- South Atlantic in southern African waters
- North Pacific around Japan
- South-western Pacific around New Zealand and Australia
- Southern Ocean (circumglobal)
Their vertical distribution is also unknown but their occurrence in the zone of 200 to over 1200 metres is not unrealistic.
No one has provided updates yet.