Sicyonia brevirostris is the largest of the rock shrimp occurring in the vicinity of the IRL, with mature individuals measuring more than 10 cm (4 inches) carapace length (CL).It is differentiated from other penaeoid
- Anderson, W. W. 1956. Observations upon the biology, ecology and life history of the common shrimp, Penaeus setiferus (Linnaeus) along the SouthAtlantic and Gulf Coasts of the United States. Proceedings of the Indo- Pacific Fisheries Council 6:399-403.
- Anderson, W. W. 1966. The shrimp and the shrimp fishery of the southern United States. U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Fishery Leaflet No. 589, 8 p.
- Cobb, S.P., C.P. Futch and D.K. Camp. 1973. Memoirs of the HourglassCruises: the rock shrimp, Sicyonia brevirostris Stimpson, 1871 (Decapoda, Penaeidae). Fla. Dept. Nat. Resour. Mar. Res. Lab. Vol III, Pt. 1, 38 pp.
- Cook, H.L. and M.A. Murphy. 1965. Early developmental stages of the rockshrimp, Sicyonia brevirostris Stimpson, reared in the laboratory. TulaneStud. Zool. 12(4): 109-127.
- Holthuis, L.B. 1980. FAO species catalogue. Vol.1. Shrimps and prawns of theworld. An annotated catalogue of species of interest to fisheries. FAO Fish.Synop., (125)Vol.1:261 p.
- Keiser, R.K. 1976. Distribution of rock shrimp (Sicyonia brevirostris) incoastal waters of the southeastern United States. South Carolina MarineResources and Research Institute. 19pp.
- Kennedy, F.S., J.J. Crane, R.A. Schlieder, and D.G. Barber. 1977. Studies ofthe rock shrimp, Sicyonia brevirostris, a new fishery resource on Florida'sAtlantic shelf. Florida Marine Research Publications #27. Florida Department of Natural Resources, Marine Research Laboratory.
- Ruppert, E. E. and R. Fox. 1988. Seashore animals of the Southeast: a guide tocommon shallow water invertebrates of the southeastern Atlantic Coast.University of South Carolina Press. Columbia, SC.
- South Atlantic Fishery Management Council . 1996. Amendment 1 to theFishery Management Plan for the shrimp fishery of the South Atlantic Region(rock shrimp) including an environmental assessment, initial regulatory,flexibility analysis, regulatory impact review, and social impact assessment.South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, Charleston, SC.
No one has provided updates yet.