Pristis pectinata grows to a maximum length of 7.6 m (25 feet), though it is more commonly observed at approximately 6 m (19.6 feet) (Simpfendorfer 2005). They may live longer than 30 years based on specimens held in public aquaria that lived in excess of 20 years (NMFS 2000).
- Adams, W.F. and C. Wilson. 1995. The status of the smalltooth sawfish, Pristis pectinata Latham 1794 (Pristiformes: Pristidae), in the United States. Chondros 6(4):1-5.
- Bean, T.H. 1892. Observations upon fishes and fish culture. Bull. U.S. Fish. Comm. 10:49 - 61.
- Bigelow, H.B. and W.C. Schroeder. 1948. New genera and species of batoid fishes. J. Mar. Res. 543 - 566.
- Bigelow, H.B. and W.C. Schroeder. 1953. Sawfishes, guitarfishes, skates and rays. Pp. 1 - 514 in: Tee-Van, J., C.M. Breder, A.E. Parr, W.C. Schroeder, and L.P. Schultz (eds.). Fishes of the Western North Atlantic, Part Two. Mem. Sear Found. Mar. Res. I.
- Breder, C.M. 1952. On the utility of the saw of the sawfish. Copeia 1952 (2):90 - 91.
- Evermann, B.W. and B.A. Bean. 1892. The fishes of Texas and the Rio Grande Basin considered chiefly with reference to their geographical distribution.Bull. U.S. Fish. Comm. 12:57-126.
- Gilmore, R.G. 1995. Environmental and biogeographic factors influencing ichtyofaunal diversity: Indian River Lagoon. Bull. Mar. Sci. 57(1):153-170.
- Last, P.R. and J.D. Stevens. 1994. Sharks and Rays of Australia. CSIRO, Australia. 513 pp.
- National Marine Fisheries Service. 2000. Status review of the smalltooth sawfish (Pristis pectinata).
- Schmid, T.H., L.M. Ehrhardt, and F.F. Snelson. 1988. Notes on the occurrence of rays (Elasmobranchii, batoidea) in the Indian River Lagoon system, Florida. Fl. Sci. 51(2):121-128.
- Simpfendorfer, C.A. 2000. Predicting population recovery rates for endangered Western Atlantic sawfishes using demographic analysis. EnvironmentalBiology of Fishes. 58:371-377.
- Simpfendorfer, C.A. 2005. Threatened fishes of the World: Pristis pectinata Latham, 1794 (Pristidae). Environmental Biology of Fishes (2005)73:20.
- Snelson, F.F. and S.E. Williams. 1981. Notes on the occurrence, distribution, and biology of elasmobranch fishes in the Indian River Lagoon system,Florida. Estuaries 4(2):110 - 120.
- Stehmann, M. 1981. Pristidae. In: W. Fischer, G. Bianchi, and W.B. Scott (eds.) FAO species identification sheets for fishery purposes. Eastern Central Atlantic Fishing Areas 34, 47 (in part). Vol. 5.
No one has provided updates yet.