- Abbott, RT & PA Morris. 1995. Shells of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts and the West Indies, 4th Edition. Houghton Mifflin. New York, NY. USA. 350 pp.
- Andrews, J. 1994. A Field Guide to Shells of the Florida Coast. Gulf Publishing. Houston, TX. USA. 182 pp.
- Arnold, WS, Bert, TM, Marelli, DC, Cruz-Lopez, H & PA Gill. 1996. Genotype-specific growth of hard clams (genus Mercenaria) in a hybrid zone: variation among habitats. Mar. Biol. 125: 129-139.
- Busby, D. 1986. An overview of the Indian River Clamming Industry and the Indian River Lagoon. Florida Sea Grant Extension Program. Technical Paper No. 44. Project IR-85-7. 45 pp.
- Dillon, Jr., RT. 1992. Minimal hybridization between populations of the hard clams, Mercenaria mercenaria and Mercenaria campechiensis, co-occurring in South Carolina. Bull. Mar. Sci. 50: 411-416.
- Stewart, VN. 1981. Sea-stats: a summary of information and statistics on Florida's marine organisms and the marine environment. No. 7: Clams. Florida Department of Natural Resources. 11 pp.
- Surge, D & KJ Walker. 2006. Geochemical variation in microstructural shell layers of the southern quahog (Mercenaria campechiensis): implications for reconstructing seasonality. Palaeoecol. 237: 182-190.
No one has provided updates yet.