- Adams C.D. 1972. Flowering plants of Jamaica. Mona (Jamaica). University of the West Indies. 848 p.
- Austin D.E. 1978. Exotic plants and their effects in southeastern Florida. Environmental Conservation 5:25-34.
- Braun S. 2006. Predicting the distributions of two invasive exotics, Ardisia crenata and A. elliptica (Myrsinaceae). Poster presented at Botany 2006 Conference. July 28-August 2, 2006, California State University, Chico. Abstract available online.
- Dominguez J., Scott A., Scott T., Valdes G., Glenn C., and C. Moore. 2002. Herbivore damage on the invasive exotic Ardisia elliptica and the native A. escallonioides in Southeastern Florida. NSF Research in Ecology: Invasive Species. 3 p.
- Francis J.K. (ed.). Undated. Wildland shrubs of the United States and its territories: Thamnic descriptions. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. General Technical Report IITF-WB-1. Available online.
- Gordon D.R. and K.P. Thomas. 1997. Florida's invasion by non-indigenous plants: History, screening, and regulation. In: Simberloff D. Schmitz D.C., and T.C. Brown (eds.). Strangers in paradise: Impact and management of nonindigenous species in Florida. Island Press, washington D.C. 467 p.
- Horvitz C.C. and A.Koop. 2005. Relative importance of avian and mammalian seed dispersers to wavespeed of an invasive shrub in Everglades National Park. Paper presented at University of Miami Institute of Theoretical and Mathematical Ecology Workshop on Spatial Ecology: The Interplay between Theory and Data. January 7-10, 2005, Miami, FL.
- Koop A.L. and C.C. Horvitz. 2006. Population dynamics and invasion rate of an invasive tropical understory shrub. Paper presented at the8th International Conference on the Ecology and Management of Alien Plant Invasions, May 23-25, 2006, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Langeland K.A. and K.C. Burks (Eds.). 1998. Identification and biology of non-native plants in Florida's natural areas. UF/IFAS. 165 p.
- Long R.W, and O. Lakela .1971. A flora of tropical Florida. University of Miami Press, Coral Gables. 962 p.
- Morton J.F. 1974. 500 plants of South Florida. Miami. E.A. Seamann Publishing. 163 p.Pascarell, J.B. 1997. Breeding systems of Ardisia Sw. (Myrsinaceae). Brittonia 49:45-53.
- Small J.K. 1933. Manual of the southeastern flora, part one and two. University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill NC. 1554 p.
- Tomlinson P.B. 1986. The botany of mangroves. Cambridge University Press, London. 413 p.Wagner et al. 1990. Manual of the flowering plants of Hawaii. University of Hawaii Press. 1948 p.
- Wunderlin R.P., Hansen B.F., and B.L. Bridges. 1995. Atlas of Florida vascular plants. Available online.
- Yuen-Po Y. 1999. An enumeration of Myrsinaceae of Taiwan. Botanical Bulletin of the Academia Sinica 40:39-47.
No one has provided updates yet.