- Arms I with 14-19 tubercules; arms II with 11-16 tubercules and arms III with 7-13.
- Length of tubercule-rows 19-39% of arm lengths.
- Arms IV with 5 longitudinal series on arm base.
CommentsMore details of the description can be found here.
Species of the miranda-group are distinguished by the following characteristics:
- Present on dorsal midline of mantle and aboral surface of arms I-III.
- In 5-6 series on arm IV base.
- Compound photophores of uniform, medium size on anterior 3/4 of ventral mantle.
H. miranda is most easily separated from the other member of the miranda-group, H. oceani, by (1) the lesser number of photophores on the base of arms IV (5 vs 6), (2) the lesser number of tubercules in on each arm, (3) the lesser length of the tubercule rows on the arms, and the divided buccal connectives to arms II (attach to arms I and II).
The above data are taken from Voss, et al. (1998).
No one has provided updates yet.