- Club with suckers.
- Stalk with four series of suckers and pads in distal 1/2 to 2/3.*
Figure. Oral view of tentacle-cub of T. pellucida, 140 mm ML. Drawing from Voss (1985, p. 43. fig. 12g).
- Funnel valve absent.
- Funel organ: Dorsal pad with three papillae.
Figure. View of funnel organ of T. maculata, 123 mm ML. Drawing from Voss (1985, p. 33, fig.8f).
- Tubercles present (1-4) at funnel-mantle fusion.
Figure. Ventral view of tubercule at funnel-mantle fusion of T. maculata, 123 mm ML. Drawing from Voss (1985, p. 33, 8e).
- Anterior third or more inserts on mantle (in subadults) rather than shell-sac of gladius.***
- Three photophores on each eye.**
- Photophores present on all arm tips of mature females.
Characteristics are from Voss (1980).
No one has provided updates yet.