The Ecitoninae are characterized by the following derived traits (Bolton 2003):
- Orifices of abdominal spiracles IV-VII directed posteriorly
- Pygidium small or very small, usually merely a narrow U-shaped sclerite
- Male with sharply defined presclerites on abdominal segments IV-VII; abdominal sternite VII hypertrophied; abdominal sternite VIII internalized and bilobate apically
- Male biaculeate hypopygium mostly or entirely exposed
- Basal ring of male genital capsule hypertrophied
No one has provided updates yet.