The Attini share the following synapomorphy with the Blepharidattini (Bolton 2003):
- Anterior clypeal margin with a broad anteclypeal apron or flange that fits tightly over basal margins of mandibles at an angle to outline of clypeus; anteclypeal apron of a different sculpture/texture from median portion of clypeus
- Median clypeal seta arises from below level of other setae
- Frontal lobes broad, with strongly convex outer margins that are constricted or pinched-in posteriorly
- Larvae with leg vestiges represented by open integumental slits, with short and narrow labrum, and fleshy, subconical, nearly straight mandibles
- Cultivate fungi (yeast or mycelium)
No one has provided updates yet.